Mold is never easy to deal with. It can sprout anywhere as long as moisture is present. Most homeowners face this problem and don’t know what to do to alleviate the situation. That’s why it’s important to call on a mold remediation company in Macon, GA.
If you want to deal with the mold remediation process, you have to consider the following mold facts first:
- Mold is present almost everywhere both indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems. They can even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water damage and moist places. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants and have the potential to cause other health effects.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return, whether you like it or not.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Whether mold is found in a home or commercial building, mold exposure and repairs after mold-related damage can be very costly — to both the structure itself and the health of its occupants. That’s why you need a mold remediation and water damage expert in Macon, GA!
Mold Remediation Process
Experience is so important. A company that has been in the business for 10+ years will be prepared for any situation and will know how to best handle your job. We know because we have that kind of experience!
Here is the general mold remediation process:
Use the Right Cleaning Products
Prepare the materials and cleaning products needed. Basically, you need a reliable product in cleaning mold. Many household owners think that bleach is an effective mold treatment, but contrary to the popular view, it isn’t. Bleach is a strong chemical that can harm your health, but it has a very minimal effect in mold remediation and mold removal. Also, it does not get rid of the mold; it only changes its color from black to white or grey. After a few weeks of bleaching, there is still a big possibility that the mold will come back.
Gear with the Right Clothing or Protection
Mold remediation professionals always make sure that they are properly geared before they start with mold cleanup. Wearing gloves, goggles, and loose clothing is a must since they are dealing with strong chemicals. After cleaning the mold, they practice the proper disposal of their clothing and gears. Mold spores can easily spread within your house as they travel through the air.
Drying the Surface
The last and most important part of how mold professionals remove mold is drying the surface. Take note that moisture is the main cause of mold build-up. These fungi love a humid and damp environment. Our professionals aim to speed up the drying process by ventilating the area and using the proper equipment. These mold professionals know what to do in this kind of situation.
Don’t let the mold invade your home. Instead, live in a greener and healthier home. Call for mold remediation services in Macon, GA today! Call us at 478-313-4353 for 24/7/365 (For Dublin customers, please call 478-205-6996) for your Macon, GA mold inspection, mold removal, and mold remediation needs!